Feel Free Nutrition and Fitness for the Whole Family
You may associate fitness with boredom and too much hard work. Although it’s hard work sometimes to stay fit, you don’t have to be bored. Being healthy and active is easy when you gather your loved ones and do it together. There are hundreds of ideas that involve the family including fitness and exercise as well as nutrition and delicious healthy food. Use your imagination and these ideas to add some health into your life as well as have some fun with those closest to you.
Fun Exercise Ideas
Whether you’re interested in building muscle or simply becoming more active, here are some fun and healthy ideas for exercise.
- Paintball – Gather your family and go out for a game of paintball. You’ll run your heart out and move all parts of your body. This will be a full body exercise with a lot of laughs.
- Go for a nature jog – If you have smaller kids, let them collect leaves and other things along the way. Take your family out for a slow jog, whether on a bike path or perhaps in the park. Jogging is a great and fun exercise. Add a little curveball and do races for some extra fun.
- Create an obstacle course – Put your heads together and create a fun obstacle course. Add some running and some tug of war to really add some full body exercise to the mix. Depending on the ages of your group, you can add climbing ropes or walls as well. Get creative!
- Go to the gym – This is simple and can be fun with friends and family. Make it a game and see who can burn more calories. You can use the strength equipment or just do some well needed cardio.
Food is an integral part of health and fitness. Get together with your closest friends and family and cook together! Here are some great ideas for yummy food.
- Eat delicious proteins – make protein an essential part of your family’s diet. There’s and endless menu of meat and vegetarian options. Lean protein is best and very important for fitness and nutrition. The good news is, protein is found in many different types of foods. Luckily, there’s several cheap protein options available, so it’s easy and even affordable to get your protein fix.
- Delicious Blueberry Porridge – Make some delicious porridge for Sunday breakfast using feel free nutrition and protein porridge. You can add some fruit such as blueberries for added flavor.
- Vegetable Stir Fry – Raise the bar for dinner with vegetable stir fry. Add your favorite vegetables with some low sodium teriyaki in a wok and stir. Yummy and healthy for the whole family!
- Head to the Farmer’s Market. There’s no better way to introduce your children to the wonderful world of the fruits and vegetables than by taking them to the farmer’s market. The farmer’s market has an array of seasonal and local fruits and vegetables. Knowing what’s in season in your local area is a good way to cut down on the transportation of produce from other areas of the world. It lessens your carbon footprint. Eat local and eat fresh.
All of these ideas and more are available to you to create a fun and active lifestyle with your family and this is only the beginning. There are hundreds of ways to get active with your family so get out there and have some fun.