Top Tips to Slim Down,tips for losing weight And Make these tips a part of your daily routine….
Tips to Slim Down
Despite what one may think, losing weight is not a mysterious process. In fact,weight loss does not even have to involve strange diets, special exercises or even the ‘magic’ of pills or fitness gadgets.
The secret to weight loss is to make small changes each and every day and you will slowly lose those kilograms.
- Pay attentionwhile you eat. Many times, we snack while doing other things such aswatching TV. Without even knowing it, we have consumed a few hundredextra calories.That may not seem like much, but it adds up.
- Regulateyour meal times. Pick times throughout the day when you can sit downand actually enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stick to thesethis to allow your body to pick up on the times and allow it to getused to processing food at these times.
- Get in the habit of eating healthily on a daily basis. Eat loads offresh fruit and vegetables throughout the day. This is certainly goingto help with your cravings for junk food and just after a few days youwill be feeling much healthier and fitter.
- Start and finishyour eating for the day early. Eat breakfast as early as possible,andfinish your day off with an early dinner and a no-eat-after-8pm (forexample)policy. Your body is most active during the daytime, whichmeans that it will burn more calories then than at night.
- Avoidlate night snacks as they can prevent you from losing weight. As saidearlier,your body is less active at night, meaning that you have agreater chance of turning that slice of pizza into pure fat thanburning it as a source of energy.
- Eat your vegetables.Vegetables, especially raw ones, burn more calories than those packedin the vegetables themselves. Also, the fiber in vegetables gives asense of fullness.
- Be honest with yourself. If you know you have a weakness for chocolatechip cookies,buying a two-pound bag to keep in the house may give youmore temptation than you can handle; if you know you do not have a lotof energy in the morning, it can be self-defeating to plan on joggingevery morning before work.
- Take a walk each and every day! You can start with 15 min and then building to 45min and then an hour an a half! You will be amazed just how quickly you will see results—not just in your weight loss, but your overall sense of well-being. Regular exercise limits stress and anxiety and there is also the bonus that you could walk in some really beautiful places.
- Watch no more than 2 h of TV a day. Studies have shown that adults who watch more than 2 h of TV per day take in 7% more calories and consume more sugary snacks than those who watch less than an hour a day.
- Take five (thousand) extra steps a day. A typical person takes about 5000 steps per day between going to work, running errands and doing chores around the house.Doubling that number can have significant health benefits: higher ‘good’ HDL cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, improved glucose control, of course, a lower number on the weighing scale. Walking more steps per day also leads to a lower percentage of body fat and slimmer waists and hips.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water per day. Water is not just a thirst quencher―it actually speeds the body’s metabolism. No calories are ingested when drinking water,instead calories are used. Try drinking a glass before meals and snacks and before consuming sweetened drinks or juices.
- And finally, stand up for your goals.
Make these weight-loss tips a part of your daily routine
This is not a diet — or a rigorous exercise program. (Nobody can stick to those for long.) Instead, it’s a simple way to make weight loss a natural part of the life you already live. And guess what? It’s fun! You don’t have to give up the foods you love or join a gym. It’s about balancing calories in tiny ways that add up to big benefits. You just adopt some tricks naturally lean people do. Pick the ones you like, stick with them, and you’ll slim down and tone up — for good! Morning Makeover
1. Wake-up workout When your eyes open, sit up slowly without using your hands. With legs straight out, lean forward until you feel a gentle stretch in your back and hamstrings. Hold; then, using your abs, lower yourself flat. Rest and repeat two more times. Strengthens core. Burns 10 calories
2. Go for the grains Not ready for Twigs & Rocks cereal? Sprinkle on a few tablespoons of wheat germ or oat bran. Work up to 3/4 cup of low-sugar whole-grain cereal with at least three grams of fiber per serving, and you’ll pass on that Danish. Saves 100
3. Add some protein The more you eat earlier on, the less you eat as the day wears on, research has shown. So after your cereal, add a hard-boiled egg or a part-skim mozzarella cheese stick to keep you feeling full — and away from that pre-lunch brownie. Saves 200 (or more)
4. Balance booster While you brush your teeth, alternate standing on one leg as you switch mouth quadrants (every 30 seconds). Balancing develops your core muscles and may even be good for your brain. Burns 10
5. Be a ballerina As your coffee drips, stand sideways, put one hand on the counter, and lift the outside leg straight out in front of you, keeping it extended. With upper body straight, hold for a few seconds and move it to the side; hold and extend it behind you. Do five to ten times on each leg. Tones outer thighs, hip flexors and quadriceps. Burns 10
6. Coffee saver Instead of pouring that 1/3 cup of half-and-half (a whopping 105 calories!) into your mug, replace it with the same amount of 2% milk. Saves 60
7. Better your bagel You can walk 10,000 steps to justify your 500-calorie bagel with cream cheese, or try this: low-fat spreadable cheese like Laughing Cow Light on an English muffin. Saves 300
8. Tone in traffic Use the time spent bumper-to-bumper to develop your buns of steel: Squeeze your derrière each time you tap the brake, holding for 10 seconds. Shoot for 10 to 15 squeezes a trip. Burns 10
9. Snack smarter Portion out the day’s snacks into pint-size zip bags, or buy single-serving portions. For example, four regular Oreos have 200 calories versus the 100-calorie snack bag version. Go for the lower fat chips: a Lay’s Light bag has only 75 calories, while the regular has 150. Saves 175 (over two snacks)
10. Casual day payoff You will blast more calories during the day wearing comfy clothes like jeans or khakis, sport shirts and soft-soled shoes than donning constricting suits, skirts and heels. Why? Because you walk more, a study found. Now you just have to convince the boss. Burns 25
11. You know squat! At your desk chair, pretend you’re going to sit but don’t — stop and come back up without using your arms. Always start squats by lowering your hips, not bending knees forward, and keeping your weight on your heels. Repeat the motion throughout the day (even at the potty!) for 15 to 20 total. Strengthens quadriceps. Burns 15
12. Switch your soda Your body doesn’t register calories from liquids the same way it does those from foods, so you won’t get those “stop eating” signals to help you compensate for the overload later on. Change from two glasses of regular soda or fruit juice to diet soda or a flavored seltzer. Saves 300
13. Talk it up Every time you grab the phone, stand up and pace around. Heavy people sit on average two and a half hours more per day than thin people, according to the Mayo Clinic. Burns 50 or more
- At lunch, pick a pita Use one mini whole-wheat pita instead of the usual two slices of white or refined wheat bread for your sandwich. Saves 7015. Get face time We use e-mail so much we’ve forgotten what our co-workers look like. Pick a colleague or two who sits farthest from you and deliver 10 of those daily messages in person. And go out of your way: Hit a bathroom or a copier on another floor — and take the stairs, of course. Burns 10016. Firm as you file Pause from your papers with a few wall push-ups. Place hands wide at shoulder height against the wall. Take a couple of steps back so your body is at a slight angle and your weight is on your toes, and do three sets of 10 push-ups. Strengthens chest and triceps. Burns 1017. An apple (or more) a day They’re packed with fiber and water, so your stomach will want less. Plus, studies out of Washington State and Brazil have shown that people who eat at least three apples or pears a day lose weight. Try two small apples and two fewer large cookies. Saves 10018. Try a simple chair workout
Dips: If your chair has wheels, brace it against something. Facing forward, place palms on the front edge of the seat with knees bent at a right angle. Lower butt toward the floor; raise and repeat for two sets of 10. Tones triceps. Burns 10
Lifts: Seated in a chair with your back straight and your feet on the floor, squeeze knees together and gently bring them toward your chest. Do two sets of ten. Strengthens abdominals. Burns 1019. Carry some weight When you’re grocery shopping or running errands, wear a backpack with a 5-or 10-pound bag of sugar inside to increase resistance and burn more calories. Add purchases to your load as it becomes easier. Burns 20 (for an hour of errands)20. Tweak your treat Instead of a large caffè latte and a chocolate cream-cheese muffin, get a small nonfat latte and a small low-fat raisin or carrot muffin. Saves 34021. Pump at the pump Instead of fuming over gas prices, think about firming your calves: With one hand on your car, stand on the balls of your feet and slowly rise up and down for as long as it takes your tank to fill — for an SUV that might be 50 raises! Burns 10
22. Do the pizza pat Blot your slice with a napkin to cut anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon of grease — and calories. Saves 50-100
23. Shop till the pounds drop At the mall, try on at least ten outfits, both pants and shirts. No need to buy! Burns 60
24. Eat like a kid You don’t have to give up that quick lunch if you order smaller portions: Instead of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and large fries, opt for the cheeseburger Happy Meal. You can even play with the toy. Saves 390
25. Recharge yourself Anytime you’re waiting in line, stand evenly on both feet, clasp hands behind your back and squeeze shoulder blades together to open your chest, an energizing yoga-based move that stimulates the nervous system. Hold for 10 to 20 seconds while slowly breathing in and out, taking longer on the inhale. Burns 5
On the Home Front
26. Jog for junk mail Turn clutter into a challenge: For every piece of junk mail you pull from the mailbox each day, do one lap around your house or building, or up and down a flight of stairs. Burns 35-140
27. Use better butter No, you don’t have to give up the real deal — instead of a tablespoon of stick butter, use a tablespoon of whipped and cut half the calories. Saves 30
28. Step on it Before you lug those backpacks upstairs, stop and stand on the bottom step for these calf toners. Hold the banister with one hand. Bend your right leg and place the toes of your left foot on the edge of the step. Let your heel drop down, press into the ball of your left foot and rise to your toes. Pause; repeat with each foot for 8 to 12 reps. Burns 10
29. Start with soup Order a clear soup instead of a salad soaked with two tablespoons full-fat ranch and you can save twice the calories. Plus you’ll feel fuller, so you’ll eat less when the entrée comes. Saves 100
30. Play footsie After dinner, while you’re still sitting at the table, extend your right leg out and slowly bend it up and down, squeezing and holding in the up position for at least five seconds. Repeat on each leg five times. Sculpts quadriceps. Burns 10