Research has proved that working women have extra nutritional needs. Women who have full-time jobs and have a family are always under pressure of staying ahead of the game in a competitive work environment and trying to balance home and office and do well at both.Does your husband lend you a hand in doing household activities or looking after children? It helps. Some diseases like anxiety, depression, osteoporosis are more common in women.
- You need a balanced diet containing enough vitamins and minerals as well. It improves your mental performance and your immunity which helps fight diseases.
- Drink a lot of water. Fresh fruit juices (without added sugar) are good too. Avoid fizzy drinks.
- Exercise regularly. You can go for jogging, cycling or even a walk. It helps ward off heart diseases and decrease stress and anxiety.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator at the office or park your car few meters away from your workplace.
- Always take a break. Do not burden yourself with extra work. Take time to relax. Make a schedule.
- Planning is essential. Plan your week with priorities.
- Go for regular health checkups. Make sure your blood pressure and cholesterol are within normal limits.
- Sleep well at night. At least 8 hours of sleep is essential. It will keep you fresh the next day.
Easy Diet Tips for Working Women
Making healthy eating a part of your life can be a tricky challenge, if you are a working woman with demanding personal and professional commitments. It’s a similar story for many women- leaving for work with a cup of coffee hurriedly had with some biscuits or jam and toast, another two cups of coffee or tea at office, lunch that’s usually eaten out with friends or clients or some sandwiches or puffs from a fast food outlet.Al l this leaves working women with very little time to look after themselves outside the usual neat and attractive looks she puts together for work. What these working women require is take one day per week and reserve some time for beautifying themselves. Take a Sunday, when everyone has a holiday, and leave it exclusively for you! Rest, relax and beautify yourself and see what a difference it will make the next day.
Some easy diet tips for working women might help them in their endeavors. Never skip your breakfast. Eat a fiber rich breakfast so as to increase the metabolic rate of your body. Snacking is important to keep the blood sugar in control. Eat small portions and more frequent meals along with lots of water. Move around while in the office. Do some form of physical exercise on weekends and during holidays. Just make sure you drink low-fat or skim milk, or you’ll be packing on extra fat and calories. you can add fiber to your meals without drastically changing your daily caloric intake. Do not lie or omit foods that you eat; the journal is only for you and your benefit. Park in the back of the parking lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, or go for a walk on your lunch break.
A light breakfast is advised. A few dry fruits in the mid day are good in case of hunger. Lunch can be a mixture of cereals, pulses, raw and cooked fresh vegetables. Snack can be sandwich without cheese and butter. Dinner can be a proper meal. This has to be consumed 2 hours before going to bed. Working women have a tougher task than men. Prepare meals ahead of time and have them ready to pop in the oven or microwave, OR have diet meals delivered directly to your door. Make double or triple batches of food. Buy lots of fruit and when you arrive home from shopping. Drink lots of water; ideally about two liters of water daily. Take the stairs when possibleNot only are working women pressed for time, juggling between domestic chores and work schedules; they usually find it difficult to squeeze in the time for indulging themselves in a well deserved skin care regime. Skin care know-how, prevention and maintenance is all that is required in order to maintain healthy skin. In fact, working women need to take extra care since they are subjected to environmental stress.