Work Your Way For Hair Care Winter & Hair Care Tips For Winter Season
The dry and cold winter can be very damaging to your hair. Hair easily becomes dry during this time of year from the dry indoor heating and the dry cold weather outside. Proper preventative steps need to be taken during this seasons to ensure that your hair does not get damaged.
Before the winter winds can work havoc with your hair, expose your hair to deep conditioning. Since the cold weather causes to dry your hair, massage your hair in aloe Vera juice for a few minutes. This will restore its softness.
You can also treat your hair with oil massage once or twice a week Olive oil can work wonders in reinforcing moisture to your hair. Heat the oil before using and allow it to soak for a time lesser than the time you allot for the summer season. Too long a period of soaking hair in oil can get you ill. If you are used to treating your hair with herbal extracts or herbal oil do not soak it for a long time.
Herbal ingredients are mostly cooling agents that are more suitable for the summer. Keep away from washing your hair too frequently.Woolen clothing like hats, scarves and turtlenecks can cause damage to your hairline. Since they can cause breakage, first cover your hair with a silk scarf before exposing it to winter wraps.
It is the appropriate time for split ends to work their way up to the hair shafts. Hence trim your split ends.Style your hair with a braid, twist or a knot. Try Keeping away from letting your hair open and wild, as the cold winds can play rough on your hair.Avoid exposing your hair to frequent coloring, streaking, or ironing as they can rob your hair off its moisture and it is advisable to avoid heating appliances on your hair.
Expose your hair to natural drying. Keep away from blow dryers. If you have to use, use one with a hood
2. Woolen clothes like sweater, pullovers and caps can cause problems to your hair; first you need to cover your head with a scarf. It can also protect you from windy days.
4. Avoid blow drying and prefer towel drying instead. Excessive drying can give it a limp look.
6. Apply a leave-in conditioner before stepping out.
7. Winter is the peak time for dandruff, flaking occurs due to excessive cell production but it can be prevented by using a good dandruff shampoo on a regular basis. Apply dandruff shampoo on your hair, even when you are not suffering from dandruff, it can act as a good precautionary measure.
9. After showering, conditioning and reconditioning, carefully brush your hair to even out the natural oils.
10. Itchiness and irritation are common during the winter and notorious for dryness. Hair care products include a whole slew of items ranging from shampoos, conditioners (leave-in or regular), oils, potions, two-in-ones, styling gel, treatments, hair creams, etc.
The must-haves this winter are conditioners; the leave-in conditioner is recommended as winter weather can dry your hair and applying a leave-in conditioner ensures that your hair is moisturized and manageable. Substituting a hair cream might be advisable over a styling gel. Avoid using any hair care product which has high alcohol content, which tends to dry ones hair. Winter is the time when hair needs to be kept long and healthy primarily due to two reasons;
a) it is the festive season,
b) Hair tends to grow less in winter compared to other months and hence it is better to postpone your haircut to the summer, though a traditional hair trimming maybe advisable.
Winter Hair Care Tips
Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind, but make sure that it’s not so tight that it will restrict circulation in your scalp.
Use a conditioner daily.
Once you have your hair moist, lock in the moisture by running your hair through cold water, this will also give your hair an extra shine.
Don’t go outside with your hair wet, you risk breakage; your hair will freeze if it’s cold enough outside and may break.
Limit your use of “hot” items on your hair such as a blow dryers and curling irons.
If you need to use a “hot” item use a leave in conditioner before using the item on your hair.
Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
Hair products that have the word, “Replenish” on it is made to moistureize your hair.
Try using a dry shampoo if you need to wash out your hair, one dry shampoo you can use is baby powder, simply sprinkle some onto your hair and use a comb to comb it off.