Hair Care Info
Regular Care of Hair:
Taking care of hair is in fact much the same as taking care of skin. An effective hair care discipline involves cleansing, toning and conditioning routines carried out with religious regularity
1. Care Of Oily Hair And Scalp Condition:
The principle of care for oily hair and scalp condition is the same as used for oily skin condition. The routine aims at removing the excess oil and to exfoliate skin cells which clogs up and suffocate the hair follicles in our scalp. The emphasis is laid on cleansing and toning routines. Since the hair has to be washed as frequently as it gets dirty and oily, a natural shampoo on a formulation of herbs such as amla, shikakai, trijla is ideal. Massaging hair and scalp is important for the well being as well as good growth of the hair. For dry hair, scalp massaging with oil is recommended. For oily hair massaging with toning lotion is suitable.
Home-made Cosmetics For Oily Hair:
A. Take some dry soap nuts(reetha) and soak them in water overnight. Mash them in the morning and strain the soapy solution. Add a tsp of shikakai powder and wash your hair.
If you are unable to make the shampoo cleanser at home, use this infusion recipe. Prepare it and mix in the shampoo you use.
B.To make the infusion, boil two handfuls of mint leaves in one and a half glass of water for 20 minutes. Strain the solution and mix in a 300ml bottle of shampoo.
Toning Lotion For Oily Hair:
Mix a tbsp of Malt Vinegar in a glass of water. Add a pinch of salt in it. Use 2 tbsps of it on your scalp and massage it with your finger tips twice a week. Leave the lotion on for one hour. Rinse with cool water, brush and set your hair.
2. Care For Dry Hair:
Dry hair tends to be thin and rough. It is susceptible to tangles, damage, breakage and split ends. The primary aim is to replenish the oil and the moisture in the hair.
Home-made Cosmetic Care For Dry Hair:
Below are given few natural recipes that are time-tested.
The Gentle Cleanser:
Beat an egg in a cup of the skimmed milk. When the foam becomes consistent, rub it into the scalp. Leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse the hair thoroughly with water. Carry out this routine twice a week.
The Protein Conditioner:
Beat one tbsp of castor oil, one tbsp of glycerine, one tbsp of cider vinegar and a tsp of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with clear water.
A Special Massage Oil Toner
Buy a bottle of castor oil or coconut oil. Add a tsp of lavender essential oil in it. Heat a little and massage it gently on your scalp at night. Rinse or shampoo it out in the morning. Follow this routine at least twice a week
Hair Care Tips
- Love your hair. This may sound obvious, but it often isn’t to a lot of people. Hair has energy and spirit just like every other part of your body and it responds better to kindness and love than neglect and anger. If you hate your hair and ignore it, it will be like a flower that you don’t water. It will wilt and die. Show your hair total love and respect and it will blossom and grow and be beautiful.
- Accept your hair for what it is. If your hair is thin, wavy, curly or stick straight, try to accept that and not torture it by using strong chemicals that may damage it just to straighten it or curl it. If you decide that you want your hair to be different, make the changes as kindly as possible to your hair. Condition your hair before you straighten or perm it and make sure that you use the best products and get the best advice for your hair.
- Maintain your hair with pride and consistency. Depending on the length and style, have it trimmed appropriately. If you wear your hair short, have the style refreshed every 3-4 weeks. If you are growing your hair longer, have it trimmed every 6-8 weeks to remove split ends
- Find a stylist you trust who treats you and your hair with respect. No matter how famous or great a stylist is, if they don’t respect your hair needs, wants and desires, you will not be happy with the results. Ask people for the name of their stylist and why they like them. Select a few that have a reputation of concern for the customer and check them out.
- Treat your stylist with total respect and consideration. A good relationship with a stylist is a two-way street. Always arrive promptly on time, be prepared for the visit (bring photos of any styles you want to try or new hair colors to experiment with). If you are going to be late, call in advance. If you have to cancel, give as much notice as possible. Always thank your stylist and tip them well to show your appreciation for the care they took with your hair.
- Invest in the best products for your hair. Everyone has a budget they must adhere to, but with the money you have, buy the very best you can for your hair. If you can’t afford salon quality products, buy the best you can afford. Make the extra effort to shop for products on sale or on the Net to save money and afford you a better product.
- Choose healthy habits for your hair. Any habits that damage your body also damage your hair. Exercise, eat well and avoid smoking and alcohol, or at least cut back. Your hair is just one part of the holistic you.
- Knowledge is power. Learn as much as you can about your hair. Visit hair care websites, read articles that you see and flip through the magazines while you are waiting in line at the grocery store checkout. Observe what other people do that have gorgeous hair and ask them for advice. People love to share knowledge.
- Pay close attention to your hair and listen to its needs. If you notice a change in texture or condition, take time to evaluate what may be happening and make adjustments. Your hair, like your body, sends you signals about what it needs. Is it drier or oilier or frizzier? Is it breaking or falling out or acting unusual? Get to know your hair and understand what it needs.
- . Pamper your hair at least once a week. This can be as simple as giving yourself a hot oil treatment or taking extra Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). Give yourself a relaxing scalp massage or apply a special deep conditioning pack. Do something for your hair that makes it feel special. Your hair will respond in kind.